Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday squats Week 3

Last week I did a single with 855 in briefs and knee wraps.  This week the plan was a triple with around 750.

145 X 3 sets of 5
235 X 5
325 X 2
415 X 1
Briefs went on after that.
595 X 1
685 X 1
755 X 3  I made this set a little harder than it should have been, but I had ok depth on all three and they didn't feel bad so I will take it for now.  I will try to post a video of it soon if my camera cooperates.

45* Back ext with cambered bar:
95 lbs X 3 sets of 10

Abductor work with monster Mini: 4 sets of 15

Standing Long ab strap crunch:
6 sets of 10

Reverse hyper ext with a blue band around the back for extra traction:
1 set of 15

1 comment:

The Anime Trainer said...

Got a couple questions for you Dale!

Are you following a set training plan? How much coaching, if any, goes into setting up your weights/sets/reps? (You're absolutely knowledgeable enough to do it yourself, considering your degree and considerable experience, but I was just wondering.)

And, if you are doing it yourself, I'd love it if you could write about your periodization and long-term training plans and how you balance that with training instinctively on a day-to-day basis. I'm very interested in the last minute adjustments you might make to your daily training, since powerlifting is such a very specific sport.

Thanks and keep up the good work!!