Monday, November 19, 2012

Back to work Saturday and Monday

I had planned on easing back into training a little Saturday so nothing extra ordinary happened...
Conv Deads without a belt:
135 X 3 sets of 5
225 X 2 sets of 5
3165 X 2 sets of 5
365 X 2 sets of 5

Wide stance leg press to test and stretch the adductor:
1,2,3 plates all for 1 set of 15 each

Sled Drags with 2 plates:
2 slow walks forward and backward of about 70 yards each pass.  I need to get back to doing the sled regularly.
Hanging leg raise using Spud, Inc. Hanging ab Straps: 4 sets of 15
Stretched, massaged and rolled my leg with the stick to get some of the bruising and swelling to dissipate.  It worked pretty well.  My leg was/is a bit sore from it but now the bruising has spread all the way around my leg from just below my hip to my knee, but it is a much less angry color.

Monday Non Bench Bench Day:
Spud and I worked some flat DB's tonight.  I was not enthused and my shoulders and elbows were still pretty cranky from dumping my opener 3 times a week prior at the meet.
Worked up to 105's for 5 sets of 8
Pin Press about 2-3" off my chest/belly:
135 X 5
225 X 5
275 X 5
315 X 3 sets of 5

Chest Supported Row with one whopping plate: 3 sets of 15

Front Raise with a monster mini in each hand: 4 sets of 12

Enough for tonight.  Now the fun will be to see if I can squat at all on Wednesday.

No comments: