Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Monday and Wednesday's Training

Monday was the last bench session:
I'll save you the warm ups...
405 X 2 sets of 3 off 2 foamies
405 X 2 sets of 3 off a 2 board
455 X 2 sets of 3 off a 1 board with a slingshot
spoon press on incline:
60 lbs X 2 sets of 10
70 lbs X 2 sets of 10
One arm DB Overhead press (just a blood mover): 35 lbs X 2 sets of 20
front and side shoulder raise: 2 sets of 20 each side with 10 lbs....more blood and recovery than anything.

Wednesday was the last training day with anything of decent weight.
Squat:
normal warm up then added briefs
595 X 2
645 X 5 sets of 2 with a pause in the bottom.  By the 3rd and 4th sets I actually got my briefs all the way on and hit decent depth (a surprise to me, but a good thing).
Standing blue band crunch: 3 sets of 15
Spud, Inc. Hanging ab straps high leg raise: 3 sets of 8.
Reverse Hypers: 3 sets of 15 with 400#.

Just one more blood moving/pump up day on Friday and it is rest time until the meet.  Nothing feels great, but nothing feels to bad on my body so that means I trained hard enough but not too hard.  I plan on spending the next week and a half resting, and getting everything feeling good for the meet.

No comments: