Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Squats in boss suit

Tonight was the one night in the cycle that I got to go a bit heavier so I was a little excited to try some new things with my suit and get a good feel for it.
145 X 2 sets of 6-8
235 X 5
245 X 3
345 X 1
455 X 1
Put my tight boss briefs of (about 15 minutes to get on as usual)
635 X 1
725 X 2
Put my suit on.  I folded the legs up just about an inch all the way around the bottom so they would slide up a bit better and let me push my knees out a little more.  It seemed to work well.
825 X 2 straps on loose
955 (something close to an opener) X 1 with a depth call that put me right at parallel or a fat man's leg hair below parallel for a brief second.
1055 X 1 reverse green band single.  I tightened the straps on the suit down much tighter than on my 955, and what a world of difference.  It felt like a band new suite, as I had never worn the straps tight for the squat with this suit yet.  The pick up felt solid and everything went well with it so I am pleased. I used a light knee wrap on this set for the first time in a while, and it felt good.  This is probably a bit over what I want to take on my second attempt (1015-1025 ish), but it went well enough for a reverse band....
Reverse Hyper: 3 sets of 15 with 500 #
Hanging high leg raise: 4 sets of 6-8 reps

The GPP Portion of the night was getting a step mill down a flight of stairs and a new one up stairs.  Honestly it was not easy, but far from the worst gym furniture moving experience I have had at the gym. We had plenty of help (miraculously) so it was over pretty quick.

More GPP Handling two of our guys at the SPF Myrtle Beach meet this Saturday.  If you are nearby, come and check out the meet.

No comments: