Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bench and the meet

First night of the new meet cycle. We used the squat bar with chains. I worked up to a bar weight of 255, then added chains 2 at a time and got smashed with 8 chains per side so I dropped it back down to 7 chains per side X 4 sets of 3 off of a 2 board.
4 Board close grip press: 315 X 5, 405 X 5, 455 X 5, 495 X 4
Foam roller on the back, pecs, and shoulders. The foam roller is something I have wanted to try for a while so I am going to try to do about 10 -15 minutes after every workout to see if it helps my recovery time. I ordered one online, but decided to just make one myself also. They are almost identical and the one I made cost about 1/3 the one i bought.

The Meet was this past Saturday in Rock Hill .Lindsay and I went up Friday to hang out with some friends that live up there close to the meet and stayed with them. The meet was a long one with about 40ish people in it with breaks between almost every flight, but everyone did well. Mike hit a new PR Total, Rick scared the hell out of me squatting (but got all three pulls as usual). Chauncey squatted very well, and just missed an 1800 lb total with a small hitch he got called for in the dead. Mac did the bench only and PR'd with something around 525, and just missed 551. Little mac (Mike) came down from MI to do the meet raw. It was hit first meet ever and was a little ambitious on the openers so we had to pull the reins back a little, but he did very well squatting 600 and benching over 400 raw. I think everyone had a good time and a successful meet.

No comments: