Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Meet Rundown and back to Training

So the meet didn't go as well as hopped.  I got a 953 squat in and missed 1028 once on depth and once on a balance issue.  Then missed 716 on the bench 3 times in a row.  The last one was actually pretty close, but no cigar as they say (at least that's what they say when you F it up).  Good thing I have a great wife that brought me a bottle of Captain to commiserate with while I watched the rest of the meet.

I got to meet a lot of cool people and saw some great lifting so not all was lost.  The highlight of my meet was the damn TV reported that kept trying to interview me after I bombed.  Good thing that drinking actually makes me a nicer person so I didn't want to punch him in the face too much when he came the second time insisting to interview me (although I thought my wife was close to hitting him).  Oh well.  Back to training on Wednesday.

Box squats with cambered bar:
165 X 2 sets of 10
255 X 8
345 X 3
435 X 3
525 X 3
605 X 3
Put old ace briefs on for these last two sets.  These didn't have as much pop in them as I had hoped.
705 X 2 sets of 3.
Kettlebell double swings:
24,28,32,40 Kg all for 1 set of 10 each
Reverse Hyper:
3 sets of 12 with around 500#
Wheelbarrow: 3 passes of about 40 yards or so with 2 or 300 #.

The plan for the next 3 months is to do about 5 or 6 weeks of training to bring up some weak points then put together a 5 or 6 week cycle to get ready for a meet in September to see what worked and what didn't.  I need more platform time and more experience to become a better stronger lifter.

-  Angry training ahead!

No comments: