Sunday, June 17, 2012

Saturday Deadish workout

I am trying a little something different for my deadlift right now....No "deadlifting".  That is a bit over simplified, but I am trying to work all the movements that will help my pull without actually pulling off the floor for a whole workout more than once a month.  One thing is for sure, it makes you be more creative in exercise selection and it has gotten me smashed two Saturdays in a row.

Romanian deads:
135 X 2 sets of 10
225 X 8
315 X 5
405 X 3
495 X 3 Straps on
545 X 3 Straps on
585 X 2 sets of 3 straps on
635 X 2.75 with straps.  I should have stuck with 6 plates, but what the hell....The third was almost locked out, but not convincing enough to call it good.  I think my eyes almost fell out in the bottom this set.

Elevated Band deads conv off about a 5-6" Deficit (high enough to smash the top of my feet when I dropped the bar the first rep):  Not sure why I did these, but Desi had it all set up and it looked painful so I tried it.
135 X 5
225 X 2 sets of 3
275 X 2 sets of 3  My lower back was sufficiently toasted

Hanging Leg raise with Spud, Inc. hanging ab straps:
my Fat legs X 10
1 chain around feet X 2 sets of 10
a fatter chain around feet X 2 sets of 10

Reverse hyper: 3 ssets of 15 with ~500#

No comments: