Friday, October 19, 2012

Last heavy squat night

Wednesday was the last heavy squat night of the cycle.  I had been looking forward to it for a while.
save the warm ups...
briefs on: 655 X 1
745 X 1
suit on with loose straps on: 865 X 1 (It moved well, and probably about an inch or so above parallel)
945 X 1 straps up.  This one was right at legal depth and didn't feel bad.  It wasn't super fast as i was in the hole for a few seconds but solid.
Reverse green band: 1085 X miss half way up.  It was shit from the start.  I had the bar too high and didn't sit back or even wait for my up call and missed it.
Reverse green band: 1085 X 1 It was much better this time as I hit depth and stood up clean.  It wasn't fast by any means, but it was good to strain against something I am pretty sure I haven't felt before.

Reverse hyper: 3 sets of 12 with 500 #

That was all she wrote for the night, as I was pretty worn out from a busy day and some heavy squats.

Thursday training didn't happen.  I had work stuff to get done and honestly don't think I would have trained if I could.  Most everything was angry from squatting so maybe it was good I didn't train. 

It is always a good squat day when people ask....  " What happened to your eye?"

No comments: