Monday, October 1, 2012

Yea, I still lift...

It has been a while.  Nothing spectacular has happened in my training so i will spare you the details.

Bench Monday:  We used a doubled up green band (it sucked and claimed many victims)
Shirted sets:
365 X 3 off 3 board
405 X 2 or 3 sets of 1 off a 2 board.  These were supposed to be doubles, but most of my sets sucked so they were singles.  It was much harder to touch and stay in the groove with the high band tension.
 I don't remember what else i did so apparently it wasn't that important...

Squat:  Suit opener or there abouts.
last warm up with suit straps up: 865 X 1
940 X 1  Not a bad set, but not great.  It wasn't a great pick up and I rode the bar a bit too high so I didn't sit back.  I ended up cutting it about an inch high but it moved decent so i will take it for right now.
Conv Rack Pulls against short green bands:  These were not supposed to be heavy, but more of a speed and top end form exercise.  Everything went pretty well and felt light.
315 X 3
365 X 3
405 X 2 sets of 3  

Saturday Speed Squats and deads:

Box squats with cambered bar with a blue band over the plates
405 X 5 sets of 2.  Stretching out a new pair of briefs so I lowered the box a little each time ending up on a parallel box.
Romanian Deads:
225 X 5
315 X 5
365 X 5
405 X 5
455 X 5

Deficit Conv Dead:  I did 1 set of 1 with 515, and got interrupted by 8 customers at the store so 20 minutes later I just called it for the deficit deads....
Power Pohl walks (Desi Model): 3 laps around gym ~ 75 yards X 3 with 75 lbs.  Smells like fried lower back to me.

Monday Bench:  Reverse short green band.  Probably took off 50-75 lbs up top.
worked up to 515 raw off 1 softie for a single
565 X 2 off 2 board
605 X 2 off 2 board with slingshot
655 X 2 off 2 board with slingshot

Close grip 4 board press:
515 X 5
565 X 5
605 X 5

Incline DB Press:
60,670,80 lbs X 1 set of 20 each. 

Pec/Shoulder were not feeling it tonight, so held back a bit.  Planning on touching an opener next week so I need everything attached and working...

If you start a conversation at the gym with "Hey man, I hate to interrupt your workout, but..."  You should just walk away....don't say anything else, just walk away.

No comments: