Monday, July 16, 2012

First night Back in a shirt

I wanted to handle some heavier weights up top tonight so we used a short green band for reverse band bench.  The band almost let all the way off at the top and I have no clue how much it took off in the bottom...
255 X 3 sets of 10
295 X 5
435 X 2 sets of 5
475 X 2 sets of 3
525 X 3 off 2 foam boards
575 X 2 off 1 foam board with a slingshot
I was up in the air about shirting tonight, (my R button doesn't work right sometimes, so shirting almost read shiting before I proof read...funny), but my pec wasn't bothering me so I figured I would use my loose (58 Phenom) to get some heavier weight in my hands.  It has been at least a month since feeling 700ish
615 X 2 off 2 board
665 X 2 off 1 board
705 X 2 off 1/2 board.  This set actually felt pretty good.  I touched much sooner and easier than I had anticipated.  Then again it was my loose shirt, and I am a svelte 315 so it should touch a half board easily. 

We rigged up Spud, Inc. suspension straps with a cambered bar so it was about about 2-3 boards high off the chest and did dead stop presses.  They were about as hard as I had thought, and I sucked pretty good at them.  My triceps need a lot of work right now.
135 X 5
225 X 8
315 X 2 sets of 5
325 X 5

T Bar close grip row pulled to upper chest:
~125 lbs X 10 sets of 10 reps  It wasn't that hard but they grew on me after 6 or 7 sets.

Not a bad night all in all.  I will probably do some more raw or slingshot work next week and shirt up in my tighter shirt the week after to see which one i will use at my meet (8 weeks out right now I think).  If I keep my body weight down around 315ish I think I should be able to use my 56 phenom, but once them meet gets closer I will know for sure.



No comments: