Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Waiting....

Any powerlifter knows that one of the hardest parts of the training cycle is resting and waiting that last week before the meet. I am past the part of enjoying the time off from training and am just ready for the meet to get here. Too many racing thoughts in my head of what could be.....just ready to get it done Now. My weight is fluctuating alot anywhere from 310-315. Cutting shouldn't be a problem just cut out fluids the night before and morning of weigh ins depending on what my weight is on Friday morning. I did find out a good way to cut weight pretty fast yesterday. I went to the chiro for an adjustment and to get in the hyperbaric chamber. It was hard enough the first time, but this time sucked more. The air inside the chamber heats up as the atmospheres go up so when it got pressurized it got hot. I sweat just thinking of walking, and in the heat i sweat nonstop. When I came out I was about 4 or 5 lbs lighter than when I came in. It took me most of the night to get rehydrated (and I ate some fried food for good measure to keep the weight on per Susan's advice). I plan to go in again tomorrow, but armed with ice packs to lay on.

No comments: