Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday's Suck Bench and a long Rant

Monday was a long anticipated shirt night....went like this (short version)
size 58 phenom on (my bigger shirt)
645 X 1 off 4 board
685 X 1 off 3 board
735 and 1 chain X 2 misses off a 2 board. Both of these got about half way up (being generous) and stalled. Not quite how I had envisioned the night going. I was consistently out of position in the bottom and felt like I had nothing to push with.
Floor Press with DB's:
105 X 8
120 X 8
130 X 8
140 X 8
150 X 4.75
over head press with Spud. Inc multi function Bar:
88 lbs X 8
138 lbs X 2 sets of 8
188 lbs X 1 set of 5 and 1 set of 6 reps
Roling triceps ext:
60, 70, 80 all for 8 reps 90 lbs for 6 I think.
External rotator work: 4 sets of 15 each side.

Alright, so here goes....

I am fortunate enough to be able to bring my dog to the gym with me where I work, so she rides to and fro with me a lot. Tonight after leaving them gym I stopped by the store to run in and get some post workout carbs (cream twirls). I have the choice to leave the car running in a ghetto food lion parking lot where it will likely get stolen or turn the car off and leave the windows up (I have zero reliable working windows in my car). I have had the air on full blast since I left the gym so it is nice and cool, so i choose to turn the car off and leave Dita (my dog) in the car for the 5 min trip in the store. I come out and the F'n animal control guy has blocked me in and says he wants to have a word with me. I figure he was going to lecture me about leaving Dita in the car (thats cool, we all have a job to do...). He hands me a warning he has pre written out, and said that he could have broken my window out and impounded my dog for her own safety. This is when I almost loose my cool, because I look in the rear window and see Dita sitting there looking at us not panting, not whining, just waiting for this dude to stop lecturing me so we can go home. I tell him to look at her and tell me she is in real danger.... This is when the dude starts talking about the $1,100 fine he could be writing me.....I am getting madder and madder the more the douch bag talks so I thank him for his concern and tell him i understand and try to end our conversation politely. Well, this dude wont move his F'n truck so I can leave and then proceeds to ask me if she is registered with the county, because dogs are a taxable commodity and i need to fill out this paperwork and mail it in so I can pay to have a dog! I take my warning and my dog tax registration form and ask him if I can go home now. He finally relents and he "allows" me to leave. I have the greatest respect for law enforcement and especially people that work with helping animals, but come on dude. Really...

No comments: