Saturday, July 30, 2011

Early Saturday

Time to ramp up training a bit so we are going to start training an hour earlier on Saturdays. This will give us more time to get stuff we have neglected done like it or not!

Rack pulls sumo with the bar right at knee level we used a gray shortband with the weight.
1,2,3,4,5 plates all for 3's without straps
585 X 3 straps on
635 X 3 straps
635 X 1 straps. My form was terrible on this, so I stopped at one and gave it another run
635 X 3 straps (probably best set of the day and almost called it there until spud gave me the eye..
675 X 2 straps. Not fast by any means, but it was 2 clean lockouts so I will take it.

Standing gray band crunch: 5 sets of 15

glute ham raise with the back elevated about a foot. This was a first for me and wasn't sure I would do them as I suck at regular glute hams....but it is time to do what I don't want to do.
3 sets of 8, and 1 set of 6 with bodyweight.

Wheelbarrow: we were going to triple team it, so we loaded up 400 # and predetermined we were doing 2 laps. The first lap was not too bad and we finished in good time. The second lap we pulled the wheelbarrow instead of pushing (a little harder). About half way around we ran out of chalk..... All that was left was our sweaty pasty wet chalk hands, and it got hard after that. Got through it and are better off for it.

No comments: