Sunday, February 3, 2013

Saturday Squats and Deads

We did cambered bar with a doubled up purple band today off a 15.5" box (parallel for me)
135 X 2 sets of 66
225 X 2 sets of 3
315 X 3
Briefs on from here on out
405 X 3
455 X 3 (Not the best set of the day).  I did my shifty in the hole thing I sometimes do when it starts to get heavy.
495 X 1
545 X 1  I guess this is my version of what Donnie calls the Thompson method, but Since I didn't get to squat Wednesday and my pulls sucked I decided to go a little heavier for 2 singles after my speed sets.

Deads Sumo in Briefs I was too lazy to take off after squatting:
405 X 3
495 X 3
585 X 3
495 X 14 This was one of those "Hold my beer and watch this" as Mac described.  I decided to stir up some trash talk on this last set.  Chauncey was doing a rep set at 500 and I wanted to see what I could get out of him.  I told him I would double what ever he did.  He pulled 7 at 495 (maybe a PR for him) so i was left with 14 to do.  It wasn't pretty, but it got done and it made it a good day.

Chest supported row: 3 sets of 10
Seated hamstring Curl: 3 sets of 15

It was a fun training session and a fun night.  We went out to have some dinner and drinks.  I was the DD for my wife and our friend so they had a fun time and I ate a lot instead of drinking a lot. I saved my one drinking night a month for the superbowl! 

No comments: