Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Traveling and a little training

We had booths at the RAW unity meet and the Arnold on back to back weekends so there was not much training going on during that time.  I was hoping that with all the time away from lifting I would come back feeling good and fresh....wishful thinking.  I am not nearly as beat up as I felt upon returning, but just worn down from standing on my fat ass for 8-10 hrs a day that I was not accustomed to.  Oh well, life is back to it's "normal" hectic pace and back to normal training.

Wednesday squats off a 15.5" box in briefs:
505 X 3
585 X 3
635 X 3
675 X 2 I got off somehow and started shifting my hips in the bottom so I just called for the rack instead of squatting with terrible form
675 X 3 Much better set than before.

I did some other stuff, but nothing noteworthy....

Saturday Band Deads:  We used a short Gray band on the JS platform with a mat on it so it was elevated about 2" from the floor.
135 X 3
225 X 3
275 X 3
3165 X 3
365 X 3 with briefs added
405 X 1
405 X 2 sets of 2. 

45 degree hyper ext with kbs (like a hyper ext DL) 24kg X 4 sets of 10
Glute Ham Raise: 3 sets of 8
Hanging High Leg Raise: 3 sets of 8
Single Leg Hamstring Curl: 4 sets of 15
Chest supported row: 4 sets of 8

Monday:  Bench
I will save you the warm ups.  I was going to use my tight shirt, but since I ate a lot and gained 10 pounds over the week end I figured today was not that day.  I used my loose 58 Phenom bench shirt for all work sets.
455 X 3 off 3 board
495 X 3 off 2 board
545 X 3 off 1 board
585 X 2 off 1 board.  I probably had 3 in me but my shoulder is still a bit cranky and I tend to flare too much when I have to work for it so I just stopped at two.  Too Early to be going too hard especially since it has been a while since I have been in the shirt.
Close grip Bench off a 3 board: 315 X 8, 365 X 2 sets of 8
Reverse grip DB Flat Press: 90 lbs X 8, 100 lbs X 8
Chest Supported Row: 4 sets of 8.

I am about 2 weeks out from starting meet training for my next meet.  I am getting more deep tissue work done and trying to get things set up to have a good training cycle for my meet. Hopefully I will have a new shirt coming soon so i can break it in before I am mid cycle.  

No comments: