Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Week 2 of Squat Cycle

tonight called for a heavy 1 RM single and 1 reverse band in briefs and knee wraps:
145 X 3
255 X 3
345 X 1
455 X 1
Put Briefs on from here on out
655 X 1
745 X 1
855 X 1 with knee wraps added.  We didn't have enough people to spot and have a depth call so I cut it right above parallel (couldn't tell where I was).  After watching the Vid I knew the next set needed a bit more depth.
965 reverse  avg bands X 1.  Depth was better and it was a solid set.

Rack pulls sumo against short avg band (bar 1" below knee level):
245 X 3
335 X 3
425 X 3
515 X 2

Ab Wheel of Death: 4 sets of 10

Did some stretching and rolling, but it was late so home I went.  Feeling pretty good about the squat right now.  I am holding back a bit for now, but everything feels decent for not training heavy in a while.

One thing i am considering is not taking an up call.  I have always taken an up call, but I think it is about time I learned where depth is so i can come up when i feel I should instead of waiting 10 seconds in the hole for the call like I normally do.

No comments: