Saturday, February 21, 2009

Deloading and squats

Took a scheduled deload day on Wednesday so no deads at all.
Thursdays workout didn't really happen either.....too much stuff to do and too little time to do it.

Saturday: used 555 as bar weight on buff bar. added chains 2-3 each set for singles. worked up to 9 chains for a pretty solid double. 10 chains for an ugly single. I may have been able to grind out another rep, but I pussed out and called for the rack. Heaviest thing I've picked up in a while. I like the way the cycle has worked out so far with the staggered deload days. Some of the time I will have 2 deload days in the same week. Next week I am deloading bench and squats so I should be rested going into shirt work and band Squats the following week. I know I am going to catch hell from spud "deloading.....again.....?", but I am sure it will help in the weeks to come.

No comments: