Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Diet Recap

Well the diet is officially over! I started at a weight of 325 lbs and came down to 260 lbs in about 11 weeks. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, but then again my eating habits took a 180 degree turn. Before the diet I was doing zero cardio, so I told myself if I could do just 30 minutes 3 times a week I would be happy with that. I made my 30 minutes 3 times a week every week, and sometimes a little longer than 30 minutes. The funny part was that toward the end of my diet it was hard not to add another cardio day. It was weird for me, but cardio almost gets addicting once you start to see progress and you know that cardio will speed the weight loss. Now the hard part is to maintain my weight and try to keep slowly dropping body fat. I plan to keep my weight under 275 for at least a year (this will keep me eating clean, while giving myself a little room to gain some muscle hopefully). The diet was a good learning experience and great for my health. I can sleep more than 2 hours at a time now and my blood pressure is down to a normal range. I am very pleased I decided to do it, and now I can focus on the real task at hand (getting strong).

No comments: