Thursday, September 8, 2011

Monday Top end Shirt work and Wednesday deload

This was our second week of reverse bands with chains so I wanted to do something a little stupid heavy for a single. I worked up to 865 in bar weight with 2 chains on per side. This was heavier in my hands than I really wanted to think about holding. The first try at it was unsuccessful. I didn't get the handoff right and was leaning and wobbling the whole time. I came back and hit it pretty well on the second try. It was a slow grinder, but it is all good....probably 850+ up top at least.
Flat DB Press: 4 sets of 8 with 120's
KB one arm overhead press:
20,24,28,32,40 Kg all for 8 reps per arm.
Monster Mini Band Pull Aparts: 4 sets of 20
External Rotator work: 2 sets of 15 per side.

Wednesday we had a planned deload day for the squat. With Mike's meet coming up this weekend we figured we might as well still do our speed pulls since there was not likely to be much training Saturday.
Sumo Pulls off of 2 mats with 405: 6 sets of 2. These all felt pretty heavy and slow.
Ab wheel: 4-5 sets of 8
arm Bars: 2 sets of 30 second holds per side
Stretched my hips and hip flexors that were angry.

No comments: