Monday, October 17, 2011

Another productive night benching

The title is a little misleading, but every night is a learning experience so...I guess it was productive.
I used my 58 Phenom tonight instead of the 56 I have been using....lessen learned. I got zero pop from the 58. I will save you the warm ups: Everything shirted.
635 X 1 off 3 board
700 X 2 off a 2 board (felt like a raw press....a slingshot at best)
725 X 2 misses off a 1 board. For once touching was not a problem. Both attempts touched easily, but i had no Drive off the board and did not lock either out. A little frustrating that there is that much difference in one shirt size, but I guess that is what I get for trying to be a girl and use a shirt that is too big for me. I put my 56 on after the two misses.
56 phenom I touched a two board with 725 (never touched a two board that light before), and the press felt great. I stretched the 56 with kettlebells in the arms overnight this past Saturday, so I will continue to do this a few more time until meet day, and it should be good to go.

Side DB Raise: 30,40,45 lbs all for sets of 10

External Rotator Work: 3 sets of 15 each shoulder.

Now to the learning part of the night. After taking (4) 700 lb benches that all felt like 800+ I was a little irritated. So as soon as I got ready in my 56 and got the hand off I just went with it. I brought it down much faster than i normally do and it touched much easier even though I didn't tuck my arms enough. I guess its like getting out of a moving car. Commit to it...then, Tuck and roll with that shit!

No comments: