Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sped pulls

Reverse Hyper Warm up: 2 sets of 15 with 400 #
Sped Pulls off of 3" of mats:
405 X 2 sets of 3 most pretty decent speed and pop
455 X 2 or 3 sets of 3 1 or 2 reps were decent per set
405 X 3 Better than last week, but still not the pop and synchronicity I would like.
Glute Hams: 2 sets of 8 body weight
2 sets of 6-8 with a 25 # plate.
Floor barbell somewhat sit ups (picking shoulders up 4-5" off floor):
95 # X 5 sets of 10
Oblique crunch with barbell with 95 #: 4 sets of 10 per side.
Reverse Hyper: 500 # X 2 sets of 15
Stretched my hamstrings and used the stick on them and my hip flexers. The only downside to deficit pulls (other than they are hard and suck) is they make my hip flexers a little angry (but then again it may just be the emphasis on overextending the lockout that cranks them up).

I should write my logs after a few Rum and cokes more often....I remember more and ramble even even more.

* and yes I know I mis spelled speed pulls, but they were not particularly fast so they are only deserving of being called sped pulls.

No comments: