Saturday, August 18, 2012

That looked like it hurt...

I was the loan squatter today, and I sucked it up pretty good as I was still smashed from Wednesday's squats.
415 X 8
505 X 6
595 X 6
635 X 5
685 X 3  After this set that I made look apparently painful Charles said...that looked like it hurt...It hurt from 145 on.  My back and Biceps are all jacked from squatting twice a week.
735 X 2 sets of 3.  I had planned to go up to 775 for 3, but as bad as the first set went, I figured I'd be conservative one the "light" day to save a bit for Wednesday's squat.

Pull Through with green band: 4 sets of 10
Lat Pulldowns with wide grip: 5 sets of 10
Hanging Knee Raise with Spud, Inc. hanging ab straps: 4 sets of 15.

Bent over DB Raise for rear delts/upper back: 3 sets of 10.

Single leg curl: 5 sets of 10 on right leg and 7 sets of 10 on the left.  Normally I don't do a lot of single leg or arm exercises, but in doing these today I noticed my left hamstring was quite a bit weaker than my right.  Now is the time to hit some weak points, so left hamstring extra work is in order.

Seated Calf raise: 2 sets of 15 with 200 #.  I did these with/for one of our members who was baffled that none of the powerlifters worked their calves.  I told him I didn't work my calves because they were already bigger than his and I didn't want him to feel insecure.

First time I have done leg curls and calf raises in about 5 years...

No comments: