Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday Squats

I will do a short write up on the events and highlights of the trip to Boston, but until then...the squats from tonight.

Buffalo bar free squat:
415 X 8
505 X 6
595 X 5
685 X 4 
Added a shit ton of chain (310 lbs worth) for the next three sets.
685 and chains X 2.  The only thing about using this many chains is they deload unevenly sometimes, so we raised them up a bit more the next set so only a few links were on the floor. 
Just an FYI, raising the chains up 2-3 inches compounded by a ton of chains = way heavier at the top.
735 X 1 Slow grinder.  This was supposed to be a double, but not to be tonight.
705 X 1 and a miss.  I got out of position on the second one (hips shot out and got foreword) and I sucked.
685 X 6

Hanging high leg raise with Spud, Inc. hanging ab straps: 2 sets of 8.

It wasn't the squat night I had hoped tonight.  I was going to use my boss briefs, but on my last warm up with 685 they split down the side, so I changed into my old ace briefs.  They are tight, but after being stretched by my ass for 3 years they are lacking in the pop department. 

Russian squat hell is over!

No comments: