Monday, October 5, 2009

First night of heavy band bench

Bench warm up: 145 X 3 sets of 10, 225 X 5, 285 X 2, 325 X 3 off 1 board. We warmed up like this because no one else was doing bands so we let them get done, then started our work sets.
Bands (one purple and a monster mini doubled up per side: bar and bands X 2 off 1 board,
Used a three board on everything from here on out (two board next week) 150 X 2, 200 X 2, put bash shirt on for the rest. 240 X 2, 330 X 2, 420 X 2, 470 X 1 and a miss on the second rep. Should have had two, but I was not set up well enough and tried to rush from my first to my second rep.....typical mistake when it gets heavy.
Close grip 4 board lock-out: 505 X 3, 505 X 4. Both of these sets sucked and felt heavy. I think all the top end work from the bands wore on me. I might not even do any 4 board next week. Don't know if it is necessary after all the band tension smashing us during the workout.

Looking forward to pulling against bands and chains on Wednesday.

No comments: