Monday, October 12, 2009

Last Band Bench Night

Benched with the squat bar again with purple and monster mini's doubled up: bar and bands X 5, 150 X 3 off 2 board, 250 X 1 off 3 board, (put bash shirt on from here out) 330 X 2 off 2 board, 420 X 1 ish (almost locked out....came off fast, but drifted over my face), 420 X 2 (one good one and one not great). 420 X 1 fast (quick lockout as Spud called it.....it was) and a miss on the second because Karl grabbed it after i quicklocked the first rep....can't blame him I would have grabbed it too.
** My definition of Quicklocked is a rep that is on the verge of being spectacularly super clean but the lockout comes so fast you get surprise and kind of miss, but disguise it by bringing it down quickly like you meant to do it like that**

Most every one had a pretty good night benching. Not to decide what to do Wednesday for the deadlift. I plan to use straight weight, but do not want to overdo it by going heavier than I need and sucking on Saturday squats because of it. Probably 6-8 singles with something somewhat heavy I can still move fast......not sure what that will be yet........

No comments: