Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Last Bench day before the mini meet

I just wanted to get some work in without wrecking my shoulders so I did rev. band floor presses.  I am going to Georgia this weekend to do the NGBB meet.  Have to get a qualifying total in to do the Sr. Nats in June.
Rigged up a short grey band so that almost all the weight came off at the top.
255 X 2 sets of 10
345 X 2 sets of 5
435 X 2 sets of 5
485 X 2 sets of 3 and 1 set of 5.  Varied the grip on all sets from close, medium, to wide.
spoon press with kettlebells:
16 kg X 15
20 Kg X 2 sets of 10-12
Spud, Inc. Fat rope triceps pushdowns: 4 sets of 12-15
Hammer Row:  3 sets of 10 with 3 plates.

We are starting an altered 4 week version of the 6 week program we did for our squats.  This time it is for the deadlift.  I get the feeling I will be smashed come tonight about 10 O'clock.  We are adding in some heavy front squats on the lighter day to see if it will help our deadlift.

Let the whining begin!

No comments: